I've done so many things in the past year-ish I never thought I would do, at least not at this point in my life.
- Sept '18 - started working for a real estate company
- Sept '18 - bought my first car
- Nov '18 - adopted a pet chameleon on my own
- Apr '19 - decided on my own to change course with my education
- May '19 - moved out on my own at age 21
- Aug '19 - put on a large-(to-me)-scale fundraising dance for Holly, who is now one of my heroes
- Oct '19 - changed my own flat tire (#rosieriveter)
- Nov '19 - got my real estate license
I've always thought that only people with lots of experience and societal stature could do big things, or make big, unexpected changes in their lives, or do things outside of the perfect box of their life they think they're supposed to live.
Each chapter in my life is written by me, not by anyone else. I can sit and let things happen to me because I think I'm not capable of doing anything significant... or I can pull up my boot straps and stride forward, writing my own chapters and turning my own pages.
God can't lead you forward if you don't start walking.
No comments:
Post a Comment