Like books, our lives have chapters, separating the old from the young, the student from the teacher, the teen from the young single adult, and the parent from the child. As each chapter closes, nostalgia hits. One finds oneself reminiscing over the last chapter of their life, all the while looking forward to what might come in the next, anticipation and wonder seeping through their bones.
The chapters of my life have been pretty normal so far.
Baby chapter
Child chapter
Teen chapter
Student chapter
Missionary chapter
Young single adult chapter
But there's just something about chapters--you never know what will be in the next one. Whether it's a chapter in a book or a life, something about it is always mysterious and exciting, yet terrifying.
The next chapter of my life holds so many unknowns for me. It's mysterious and exhilarating and horrifying all at once. But I know it'll be mine. The experiences I'll have will be unforgettable. And all along the way, I will have the ever present reassurance that the Savior is by my side and His gospel is true. As long as I have that to fall back on, I know whatever happens in the next chapter of my life will be for my good. And I do know, without a doubt, that Christ and His gospel will always be there.
Here's to my next chapter.
Amory
No comments:
Post a Comment